High-efficiency propane home furnaces are becoming more and more popular in the U.S. because they deliver exceptional energy savings and comfort at an affordable cost. A residential high-efficiency furnace can provide excellent space heating for both small floor plans and large homes. They’re more efficient and safer than traditional natural-draft furnaces. Here are a few reasons your family should consider affordable, efficient, economical to operate, and environmentally-friendly, high-efficiency propane furnaces in your home. Continue reading “Building with Residential Propane Furnaces” »
The weather outside is frightful, but inside the fire is so delightful. Homeowners across the country are cozying up to home propane fireplaces. Boasting comfort and ambiance, plus high-efficiency heating for the home, propane fireplaces offer true versatility to homeowners. Here are a few reasons your family should consider propane home heating this winter. Continue reading “Baby, It’s Warm Inside… with Propane Home Heating” »
Heating your home’s water is the second-largest user of energy in your home, accounting for 14-25 percent of overall household energy consumption. We know you’re concerned about the planet, but we also know you need plenty of hot water. With a tankless propane home water heater, you don’t have to give up the things you want to help the environment. Here are five reasons choosing propane service to heat your water is the best choice for your home, wallet and the environment. Continue reading “5 Reasons to Choose Tankless Propane Home Water Heaters” »
It’s officially spring, and that can mean only one thing — it’s time to start preparing your backyard for relaxing, outdoor living. With propane gas service from ThompsonGas, you can easily transform your backyard, deck or patio into a comfortable, functional space for family, friends and fun. ThompsonGas offers these home propane products to maximize your outdoor living experience and make this spring even better than the last.
- Fire Pits: Camp outside with the family or gather the friends for a spring cookout with the ease and comfort of your own fire pit. We offer Heatmaster products that guarantee an enhancement to your patio, deck or garden area.
- Grills: From Grillmaster’s practical, durable grills to Twin Eagles’ super premium grills with a lifetime guarantee, our selection of propane home grills is sure to fit your budget and grilling style. We also offer a surplus of grill accessories to enhance your grilling experience.
- Cooking: We offer an incredible selection of outdoor cooking products likes turkey fryers, fish cookers and smokers by Masterbuilt. We also offer fantastic products from premium manufacturers including Regency Outdoor, Peterson and Camp Chef.
- Outdoor Heaters: We can help you create the perfect propane home heating conditions on your patio. Great for those cool spring evenings, our outdoor fireplaces from Regency and outdoor portable fire pits from Heatmaster will keep you warm and cozy all season long.
- Torches: Patio torches offer a unique ambiance. Our wide variety of quality patio torches includes Red Dragon patio lights and torch kits plus SunStar patio heaters.
- Pool Heaters: Enhance your family’s comfort while spring swimming with a quality pool heater. We’ve partnered with an authorized Hayward dealer to offer turnkey installation solutions, plus supply propane gas service to help keep you worry-free while relaxing in your warm swimming pool.
- Landscaping: Landscaping torches are a great alternative to manually pulling weeds and spraying hard chemicals in your backyard. Our landscaping tools safely burn away weeds, melt snow from steps and walkways, thaw frozen pipes, heat kettles, sterilize animal cages and much more.
- Camping Stoves: Our camping stoves provide a great place to cook when you’re outside, and their portability makes them easy to bring along while camping.
There’s no better time than now to consider propane for home heating. With a cold, long winter on its way, a gas fireplace or insert will keep your family comfortable, safe and warm all winter long. At ThompsonGas, our residential propane gas fireplaces are both practical and pleasing to the eyes, plus you can choose from different styles, designs and quality brands like Mendota fireplaces.
Are you considering buying a gas fireplace or insert before the winter weather strikes? Here are some tips to help you choose the style and product that’s right for you.
• Size: Select a size based on the amount of heat the fireplace needs to generate, the desired aesthetic or the opening of an existing fireplace for an insert.
• Location: A gas fireplace can be installed in any part of the home!
• Venting: Mendota recommends a direct-vented unit that vents through the wall behind the fireplace. This is the safest, most efficient option. With fireplace inserts, a chimney liner is required.
• Installation: Always use a certified, professional installer like ThompsonGas to ensure safe and reliable installation. Our residential propane gas providers are highly trained and offer customers a free site survey, guaranteed installations, custom fabrication and onsite tank refills to extend time between refills. (Click here to schedule a site survey.)
• Maintenance: Gas fireplaces are clean burning and require little maintenance, but Mendota recommends a professional service at least once a year and all vents inspected annually by a chimney sweep certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America. ThompsonGas also guarantees safe, efficient and quick turnarounds on all repair requests. If you have a fireplace in need of repair, click here.
• Cost: The price of the unit itself is only part of the total cost of owning a gas fireplace. Other requirements include the cost of the chimney and/or installation, annual fuel costs and annual maintenance. Contact our residential propane service experts for pricing.
Bask in the warm glow of your own gas fireplace this winter! Contact our propane gas providers today for a site survey, or visit our Boonsboro retail showroom to check out our gas fireplaces in person.
(Source: Mendota Gas Fireplaces)
– The ThompsonGas Team
The Hagerstown, Md.-based propane company kicks off its retail showroom Grand Opening with a successful in-store celebration, special discounts, giveaways and more.
Boonsboro, Md. (PRWEB) October 12, 2012– On Sept. 29, 2012, the sunny, autumn weather greeted more than 300 visitors at the Grand Opening celebration of ThompsonGas’ new retail showroom. With hundreds of friends, family and customers showing up to celebrate, the event was a huge success.
Located at the ThompsonGas showroom on 6708 Old National Pike in Boonsboro, Md., the celebration featured a live radio broadcast and giveaways by 99.9 WFRE, food on the grill and refreshments, entertainment, activities for the entire family and more. Doors opened at 9 a.m. with a constant stream of cars stopping by to unload their propane tanks for refills, while others surveyed the showroom’s impressive array of gas logs, fireplaces, gas stoves, and heating and air conditioning supplies. When visitors arrived, a burning fire-pit warmly welcomed them to the new store. Several new gas customers signed up for service during the Grand Opening, and other existing customers were converted to monthly plans.
Throughout the week of Sept. 29-Oct. 6, ThompsonGas gave away 50 gallons of propane and free HVAC 1-year maintenance agreements daily. Customers who visited the store also scored exclusive Grand Opening savings including 10 percent off all grills, fireplaces and ventless stoves, $10 refill on any propane grill tank (up to 20 lbs. only), a free safety inspection with any new product installation and more. And one lucky winner took home a gas grill valued at $850.
“Joe Jardeleza and the entire ThompsonGas team, as well as Power Marketing, put together a great event, for which we’ll reap the rewards for months,” says Regional Vice President Doug MacMaster. “Thanks to everyone!”
The retail showroom is now open, Monday through Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (closed Sunday). From safe and clean outdoor living supplies and accessories, to grills, propane and one of the most extensive fireplace displays in the area, customers can count on ThompsonGas for the finest propane gas services, accessories and competitive propane prices around. Stop by and find everything you need for safe, affordable, clean living at the ThompsonGas retail showroom!
ThompsonGas, with headquarters in Hagerstown, Md., is among the fastest growing propane companies in the country. ThompsonGas is the 19th-largest retail propane operator in the United States, serving nearly 170,000 customers in ten states. ThompsonGas’ operations include the retail marketing, sale and distribution of propane to residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. Today, ThompsonGas serves customers from more than 44 customer service centers throughout the United States. ThompsonGas also operates a propane rail terminal in Baltimore that serves independent dealers and multi-state marketers in the Mid-Atlantic region. For more information, visit http://www.thompsongas.com.