It’s only the second week of December and already the East Coast has seen its first big storm of the season. The long-range weather forecast for the Northeast is calling for the coldest periods through mid-December, late January and late February. Predictions show the snowiest periods will be in late December and early February.
At ThompsonGas, our customers’ safety is our #1 priority. With winter in full swing, it’s important for all home propane users to take special precautions for a safe winter. Here are the top 5 tips all homeowners should consider for safe and effective propane use this season.
- Flag your tank. Broadcast the location of your propane tank with a small flag, surveyor’s stake or other marker to prevent mishaps during shoveling or piling, and help your propane delivery truck driver easily find your tank. Be sure your marker is taller than the average snowfall in your area.
- Use a broom to clear snow from the tank. Make sure you use something soft to clean off your equipment. Using a snow shovel or other heavy-duty tools could potentially damage or puncture your equipment.
- Never bring your outdoor propane home appliances inside. Propane heaters designed for outdoor use are not designed for use in the living room. Without proper ventilation, they can create a serious risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. As a general rule, buy propane appliances that have been tested and approved by a certifying agency.
- Clear a path to your propane tank. After a storm hits, make sure there’s a clear, safe path for your propane delivery truck driver to reach your tank. Deliverymen and women don’t want to wade through waist-deep drifts or risk injury trying to find an unmarked tank. This will avoid missing a delivery before and after a storm, and insure the safety of everyone involved.
- Never run out of propane. With ThompsonGas’ auto-fill propane delivery service, you don’t have to worry about checking your tank gauge and calling in to schedule a refill. We take care of monitoring your usage, and we send a delivery truck to you when you’re getting low. It’s another way we maintain our commitment to our propane customers’ satisfaction. To sign up for auto-fill service, call us today at 1-888-TG-PROPANE.
ThompsonGas understands no two households are the same. That’s why we offer flexible payment plans designed to best suit each homeowner’s individual propane needs. To learn more about payment options, call us now at 1-800-768-6612 or email us at email@example.com.